AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS
Nominations are requested from residents and social, sporting, charitable, religious bodies, service clubs and organisations of the former Young Shire for the 2017 Australia Day Awards.
Council, in co-ordination with the Australia Day Council, will be providing awards in the following categories:
1. Citizen of the Year (open to any resident of the former Young Shire over 25 years of age)
2. Young Citizen of the Year (open to any resident of the former Young Shire who is no more than 25 years of age on 26th January, 2017)
3. Sports Award (Senior & Junior)
4. Cultural Award (this award medallion is to be presented for contribution to the cultural life of the community)
5. Community Service Awards (individual and service clubs)
Selection of each award will be on the basis of service to the local community, either in recognition of a particular event during the year or in recognition of a contribution to the community over a number of years.
Nomination for Former Young Shire awards are requested to be forwarded to reach Council’s offices by Friday, 9th December, 2016.